ISO 21001What is ISO 21001?
ISO 21001:2018 focuses on the specific interaction between an educational organization, the learner, customers and other relevant interested parties. It is a stand-alone management system standard, based on ISO 9001 , and aligned with other ISO management system standards through the application of the High Level Structure. ISO 21001:2018 provides a common management tool for organizations providing educational products and services capable of meeting learner and other customer requirements and needs. It aims to enhance satisfaction of learners, other customers, and personnel through the effective application of its EOMS, including processes for improvement of the system.
What are the benefits of registration?
- The potential benefits to an organization of implementing an EOMS based on this International Standard are:
- better alignment of educational mission, vision, objectives and action plans
- inclusive and equitable quality education for all
- promotion of self-learning and lifelong learning opportunities
- more personalized learning and effective response to special educational needs
- consistent processes and evaluation tools to demonstrate and increase effectiveness and efficiency
- increased credibility of the educational organization
- recognized means to enable organizations to demonstrate commitment to education management practices in the most effective manner
- a model for improvement
- harmonization of national standards within an international framework
- widened participation of interested parties
- stimulation of excellence and innovation