Where used in the conditions, the terms listed below shall have the following meaning:
BMQR : BMQR Certifications Pvt Ltd. (BMQR) is an independent third party certification body providing certification services of the Quality Management system.
Client : An applicant organization applying to BMQR by providing client information for certification and subsequent signing of certificate agreement for Quality Management System.
Certificate of compliance: Document issued to client after the satisfactory assessment of client's Management system meeting the requirement of the contractual standard. The certificate of compliance reflects the effective implementation of the Quality Management System and confidence in the product and services provided as defined in the scope of certification. Certificate of compliance is identified by certificate number and is not subjected to transfer. Certificate of compliance is valid for three years from the date of approval for certification by BMQR Certification Decision Committee and as indicated in the Certificae. Certificate of compliance is not a product certification.
All personnel of BMQR including members of various committees have signed a confidentiality declaration and shall not disclose any information relating to the client business/process/activities to any third party. If the local laws as legal requirements permit disclosing of confidential information, BMQR may reveal such information for a specific purpose with prior permission from the client.
BMQR shall provide certification services to clients who has signed certification agreement and agreed to abide by Conditions for Certification provided in this document. Such agreement shall be signed after review of BMQR proposal for certification. The certification agreement is valid for initial 3 years and subsequent renewals including re-certification and surveillance audits as indicated in the proposal for certification.
Responsibility of Client
- Maintain a documented QMS in accordance with applicable standard and effective implementations of QMS.
- Identify a management representative from its management for all communications and coordination.
- Conduct internal audits and Management Review at planned intervals.
- Inform BMQR of any major organizational changes and a business process that has an impact on the certificate of compliance issued and agrees for BMQR to conduct reassessment if required.
- Provide access to BMQR audit team and/or our associated accreditation body as relevant to examine structure, policy, procedures and records to confirm implementation of this requirement and extend necessary cooperation including a working space and guides including records of complaints and corrective actions.
- Provide access to all records of complaints and corrective action taken as per the Quality Management System.
- Provide information on health, safety and environmental requirements to be followed by BMQR auditors during assessment.
- Provide information on the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for the scope of certification.
- Extend cooperation during investigation of any compliant received from the interested parties. Agree for any additional visit at cost, which may be necessitated, from such investigation, which is outside the scope of proposal for certification.
- Agree for follow-up audit man days, if recommended by Lead Auditor during compliance audit or Certification Decision Committee.
- Ensure proper use of certificate of compliance, quality mark, and accreditation mark as per the BMQR instruction and without projecting in any manner that the product has been certified.
- Inform BMQR of any requirements for change of audit team members/technical experts in advance.
- In case of withdrawal of certificate of compliance. Withdrawing quality marks and accreditation mark from all points of use.
- Compliance with relevant provision of certification programme to confirm that their system is certified with respect to the scope of certification,
- Use COC in a way, which will not bring BMQR to disrepute.
- Do not give misleading or unauthorized statement regarding certification.
- Discontinue use of certification upon suspension or withdrawal of its certificate.
- Use certification only to indicate that Quality Management System is in conformity with specific requirements.
- Change relevant documents within an agreed timeframe, in case of changes to conditions for certification as communicated by BMQR.
Overall Audit Plan
Document Review :
- Review the adequacy of the QMS (Quality Manual & Quality System procedures) to the contractual standard.
- Resolutions for document review comments if any.
- Document review may be done on site/off site.
- Document review is carried out as per checklist.
- Compliance Audit/Scope expansion or reduction/ transfer audit/re-certification:
Inform audit team nomination and audit programme in advance.
- Conduct opening meeting to explain audit methodology
- Obtain client consent if subcontracted organisation and or person are conducting the audit.
- Verify effective implementation of QMS by examining personnel, policies, procedure and records on sample basis against the contractual standard and the scope of certification and is carried out on site as per client information for certification.
- Compliance audit is carried our as per the checklist.
- Record Non conformance and classify as Major or Minor
- Conduct closing meeting and explain audit findings, recommendations and revision to scope of certifications if required.
- Review the suitability of surveillance frequency and/or man days based on the audit findings.
- Provide copy of audit report with recommendations
- Review of audit reports by BMQR certification decision committee
- Resolutions of clarifications in the audit reports if any prior to approval of recommendations.
- Close all NCRs based on proposed corrective action/follow up audit, if required.
- Issue certificate of compliance
- Issue instructions on the use of quality marks and accreditations mark.
Conduct surveillance audit to verify continued implementation of QMS at agreed frequency as per the proposal.
Verify the effectiveness of QMS implementation, planned processes are verified during each surveillance audit ensuring to cover all processes during each certification cycle.
Conduct follow-up audit, if required.
Verify use of Quality mark and accreditation mark as per BMQR instructions.
Provide recommendations on continuation of certification as per audit report provided at the conclusion of each surveillance audit.
Conduct re-certification audit at the end of 3-year certification period for continuation of certification of compliance and subsequently followed up by Surveillance audits as per the accepted proposal.
Suspension and withdrawal of Certificate
Suspension and withdrawal shall be affected subject to the following conditions (with notice to client):
Suspension of Recommendation for Certification if adequate Corrective action is not submitted to BMQR Office within 30 days from the initial audit date unless and until that client has sent the prior communication vide letter/e-mail for requirement of additional time and acceptance from BMQR.
- When no objective evidence is produced by client for the major non-conformances issued.
- Recurrence of major non-conformances indicating the weak links in the Quality system.
- When Management reviews or internal audits are not evidenced in 2 successive surveillance audits.
- When client does not comply with the rules of certification.
- When client does not accommodate/give acceptance to conduct the surveillance audit within the stipulated time period as notified/communicated.
- Not informing major changes to the organization structure/ business process with impact on scope of certification.
- Non-payment of Certification and applicable/related charges as agreed against our proposal.
- Suspension may be revoked, in case of positive response with in 30 days from the date of suspension. Complete audit process shall be repeated if suspension needs to be reviewed after 3 months from the date of suspension.
- BMQR shall conduct follow up audit within an agreed time frame of 90 working days at client's expense to verify effectiveness of action taken.
Use of quality mark and accreditation mark
Accreditation mark shall be used only in conjunction with BMQR Quality Mark.
The size of the accreditation mark must not exceed the quality mark.
The Quality mark and accreditation mark may only be used on correspondence, advertising, invoice, stock form and promotional material for the products or services described in the scope of certification. Accreditation mark shall not be used on business cards.
On size A4 stationery the Quality mark and accreditation mark shall be 15 x12 mm.
Proportional increase/reductions may be allowed on stationary of larger/smaller size than A4. and shall be legible to have QMS standard and certificate number without any distortion or overlapping.