The letters 'CE' on a product are the manufacturer's claim that the product meets the requirements of all relevant European Directives.
CE markingon a product:
- Indicates to governments that the product can be legally sold within the European Union (EU) and the European Free Trade Area (EFTA)
- Ensures the product can move freely throughout the European Single Market
- Indicates to customers that the product meets designated minimum safety standards and therefore a minimum level of quality
- Promotes public health and safety
- Enhances product credibility
- Leads to improved sales and greater customer satisfaction
CE markingis mandated by New Approach Directives. Many products are covered by these directives. To be placed on the market in the EU, it's a legal requirement that some must bear CE marking. CE marking is the manufacturer's claim that the product meets the essential requirements of all relevant European Directives.
Management System Certification