What is ISO 3834 ?
EN ISO 3834 standard defines quality requirements suitable for fusion welding processes of metallic materials, for welding both in workshops and on site. It is appropriate when demonstration of a manufacturer’s capability to produce welded constructions in accordance with specified criteria is required. To ensure the proper quality of your welded product and to optimize your manufacturing cost, the whole welding process must be controlled from the very start. To take all welding quality affecting aspects into consideration, the welding shop is recommended to implement a quality assurance system. The standard ISO 3834 sets out requirements for manufacturers to meet, in order to apply good practice to their welding operations. There are several steps in a Welding Quality Assurance; to make sure the welding shop has competent welders, there are standardized ways to test the welders. If required you also use written welding instructions and/or so called Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) in order to increase the possibility of consistant quality. The WPS must be qualified, i.e. the WPS has to be based on a WPQR, Welding Procedure Qualification Record. The WPQR explains that, if you follow the WPS, you will have a good chance to weld a joint with the expected properties. The person responsible for welding, or the welding coordinator, in the welding shop, is responsible for the welders’ competence and the education and the management of the welders. The coordinators´ competence requirements, the tasks and responsibilities, are regulated in the standard ISO 14731.
To make sure your welding process is of good quality you need to implement a Welding Quality Assurance System. Kiwa Inspecta is an accredited certification body for the certification of welders, qualification of welding procedures and certification of welding shops/welding companies for ISO 3834.Types of ISO 3834 standards
- ISO 3834-5:2015 Quality requirements for fusion ...
- ISO 3834-5:2015 specifies the International Standards with which it is necessary to conform to claim conformity to the quality requirements of ISO 3834-2, ISO 3834-3, or ISO 3834-4.
- ISO 3834-4:2005 Quality requirements for fusion ...
- ISO 3834-4:2005 defines elementary quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials both in workshops and at field installation sites.
- ISO 3834-3:2005 Quality requirements for fusion ...
- ISO 3834-3:2005 defines standard quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials both in workshops and at field installation sites.
- ISO 3834-2:2005 Quality requirements for fusion ...
- ISO 3834-2:2005 defines comprehensive quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials both in workshops and at field installation sites
- ISO 3834-1:2005 Quality requirements for fusion ...
- ISO 3834-1:2005 provides criteria to be taken into account for the selection of the appropriate level of quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials, among the three levels specified in ISO 3834-2:2005 ISO 3834-3:2005 and ISO 3834-4:2005.
- Increases the possibility of entering several markets around the world
- Improves welding quality
- Decreases quality defects and maintenance costs